International Student Office provides consultancy to all international students from application process to graduation. Office is responsible from all international students from undergraduate to PhD levels including exchange students.
The Office established in 24/06/2009 and operates under the University Rectorate in order to co-ordinate Rectorate and the other academic units. Office also acts as a liaison between a student’s home institution and Ankara University in the framework of bilateral agreements.
The main objective of the Office is establishing the necessary infrastructure for pleasant and successful education life for international students. In order to reach that goal, the Office provides all useful and necessary information to all international students from registration to graduation, guidance to all administrative procedures related to both university and governmental institutions and organize social and cultural activities for easy orientation.
- Guide all applicants about all aspects of applications including deadlines via web page.
- Guide all international students at registration process
- Prepares booklets and brochures that contain useful tips for students.
- Organizes orientation program for international students. Informs them about university and campuses, accommodation and health services.
- Guide students during the registration for ‘Residence Permit’ at Department of Security.
- Ensures of appointment an academic representative who responsible for international students in every faculty in order to help the student in their academic problems.
- Organizes events like music festivals, tea-meetings and such social activities on significant days such as feasts, holydays, etc.
- Organizes cultural and social activities for international students.
- Guide students participating Student Clubs according to their skills and interests
- Make announcements to inform all international students about activities, and useful tips on Office web page.